Friday, February 26, 2010

getting things done (with parentheses)

despite today's constant wet and slushy snowfall, i was able to get many errands out of the way. one of which was visiting blue house ann arbor to drop off some consignment items (including the pictured australian wallet). the shop looks great, siobhan's done a great job, and i'm excited to see it all finished! it should open some time next week. (the grand opening/ craft fair will be march 20th.)

i did a bit of thrifting and found some fabrics... and another rack for table displays. is anyone else obsessed with finding "the perfect rack" to display your stuff? i have bought so many random ones at thrift stores. today i found an aqua crate- yes, bonus- i don't have to paint it. (i can also use it in my kitchen when it's not displaying purses.) ironically, i was donating some unwanted craft stuff, and a bunch of other stuff, as i've been purging and cleaning around this joint, including some display racks i no longer wish to use. so i donated one, and then immediately bought another. oh dear. but i'm not complaining.
-m

4 comments:

Karen said...

I love this post... and I'm looking forward to meeting you at the Blue House event! We can compare thrift store crates :) I am also obsessed with display racks.. it's good to know I'm not alone. I have blue crate envy!

dang argyle said...

thanks. i'll see you saturday!
-m

sloeginfizz said...

Yes! I'm obsessed with finding the right display racks. One of my favoraites is also aqua -- an aqua toolbox I foudn at reuse ctr. Yay!

dang argyle said...

i love the reuse center!