Saturday, December 18, 2010

my christmas moves rid the world of evil

Tis the season! For snow and hot cocoa and loved ones. I’ll admit, part of me is a scrooge during the holidays. The malls- ACK! The wrapping paper- ACK! But there is definitely plenty to love about this time of year. To help get through the blur that are the holidays, there are few standbys to keep me in spirit. Fa la la la la!

Favorite Christmas CDs:

A Very Special Christmas, Compilation (Fave track: Christmas in Hollis, by Run DMC)

The Magical Magic of Christmas, by Harry and the Potters (Fave track: Drop the Needle, It’s Christmas. You may think “WHAT?!’” but hellz yeah, this is a great album.)

Christmas, by Low (Fave track: Little Drummer Boy. You know, from that Gap commercial ten years ago.)

A Christmas Together, by John Denver & The Muppets (Fave track: Twelve Days of Christmas. The Muppets- Need I say more? Just don’t mention the “piggy pudding.”)

Grandma Got Run Over By a Reindeer, by Elmo & Patsy (Fave track: Percy, The Puny Poinsettia. I don’t LOVE this album, but it was a staple of mid to late 1980s Christmases so I felt pressure to include it in my minimal list, and I dedicate this selection to my sister.)

Jingle Bells, by Barbra Streisand (A song from A Christmas Album. This song is not your typical version. I don’t like Barbra, but I LOVE this super fast version of Jingle Bells.)

Peace on Earth/ Little Drummer Boy, by David Bowie & Bing Crosby. DUH!

DVDs:

Elf, National Lampoon’s Christmas Vacation, and Dr. Seuss’s How the Grinch Stole Christmas (Animated, NO Jim Carrey) are the only ones I REALLY need to see annually. But I do like Scrooged, It’s a Wonderful Life- when I want a good cry, I do LOVE A Muppet Family Christmas, and Ernest Saves Christmas is a classic in my book as well.

dang happy holiday media days to you!

No comments: