- they are super easy to make and require only one mixing bowl- limited mess is always a bonus when baking.
- they are delicious! with chocolate and peanut butter they hit your fix.
- no matter where i take them people eat them and love them and say "these are vegan?, OMG."
chocolate chip oatmeal cookies
1/3 cup peanut butter (i use chunky peanut)
2 TBSP canola oil
1 cup sugar or sucanat (i use turbinado)
1/3 cup dairy-free milk (i use vanilla soy)
1 TSP pure vanilla extract
1 cup whole wheat pastry flour or unbleached all-purpose flour
1/2 TSP baking soda
1/2 TSP salt
1 cup rolled oats
1/2 cup dairy-free chocolate chips
1. preheat oven to 425 degrees F. oil a large baking sheet; set aside.
2. whisk together first five ingredients until very smooth. add remaining ingredients, and stir to combine.
3. drop the batter by large spoonfuls onto prepared baking sheet. bake for about 8 mins (i do 9), or until tops just begin to crack. removed sheet from oven, and wait 10 minutes before transferring to a plate or wire rack.
it's that easy!!
i recently made these to take to a monthly craft meet-up at blue house ann arbor, where people scarfed them up.