Friday, December 18, 2015

DIYpsi recap

for the past several years i've cut down on the number of shows i do, and try to just do a couple around the holidays. and let me tell you - DUCF and DIYpsi are the whoppers! they are my people. my family. my hearts.

DIYpsi is the last show of the year for a lot of the vendors so it's a party and i absolutely love being around these people at this show. this year was no exception. it was held at the riverside arts center in ypsilanti again, but this year we took over the whole building! so it was maze of rooms filled with crafters, with perfectly lettered signs guiding you from room to room.

doing a show so close to home means many of my pals come visit! it's great fun seeing so many friends and family in one space enjoying the vibe.

i had the best time. hanging with my girl nicole of sloe gin fizz, the after party, the after-after party, selling a ton of stuff, drinking delicious craft cider and beer, vegan grub from shimmy shack, and oh so much freaking fun. a giant thank you goes to marcy, sherri and cre for pulling this show together twice a year. people LOVE this fun, little show and i'm thrilled be able to hang with y'all crazy peeps!

i am beyond happy that folks were into my new line of dang goods. i fell in love with printing on fabric this year and such positive feedback from shoppers and fellow artists is a great boost to keep exploring the medium.

thank you all SO much for your support in 2015. being the 10th anniversary of dang argyle it was a pretty big year in terms of change of spirit and i can't wait to get going in the new year.

1 comment:

Constantine said...

I wish there were more places like this, because it was simply too amazing for words. I came here with my boyfriend the other night, and it was absolutely fabulous. The use of wood throughout event venues Chicago adds a very warm and inviting feel to venue.