kenny's olive pizza
i don't remember where this recipe came from, some magazine. i have a photocopy of it from about five years ago. it's easy and tasty. the dang girls have made this about 642 times over the years.
- pizza crust of some sort (we like to use pita bread)
- 2 six oz. cans pitted black olives, drained
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 large clove garlic, diced
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp crushed red pepper
- 1 cup diced tomatoes
- 2 tbsp chopped onion
- 2 tbsp fresh basil (or dried, if you're in a pinch, but obviously fresh is awesome on this.)
- 1/2 tsp minced garlic
2. put all main ingredients in food processor; pulse until olives are finely chopped. spread on crust. (you can also top w/ mozzarella or vegan mozarella)
3. bake 10 minutes until crust is crisp.
4. meanwhile, combine topping ingredients in a bowl.
5. cut pizza into wedges, spoon on topping, and enjoy!